While working on our website evaluation project, I got lost in the internet. In clicking through the Knight Digital Media Center site, I found that they developed their site using an open-source tool called Django. Out of curiosity, I followed the link to the Django site. I really like this site's color scheme. I had been wondering how I could develop a color scheme for my own site using several similar colors, and I think this site does it really well with its variety of greens. I think I might try this kind of of color scheme for my own site, maybe using a variety of blues. When I think of travel I think of blues and greens (like a globe, I guess).
Then distraction struck again as I followed a "who uses Django" link to EveryBlock. If you want to know what's happening on you block (crime, property listings, restaurant inspections), apparently this is the site for you. I really need to learn to be more focused.
18 years ago
4 comments:
What a great find - I love the color scheme in the Django site. Did you try hovering over the links in the white block? I like that effect as well as using the same color for background in some places and for text in others. This scheme makes the site look very cohesive.
That Django site looks really great! I totally agree about getting lost on tangents by following links--it's easy to waste hours doing this.
Thanks for the EveryBlock site. I just spent 20 minutes looking up my old neighborhood in Chicago to see what was going on there.
That EveryBlock site is indeed a good place to while away many hours. I love the way it filters news about my neighborhood. The Django site is interesting, too. The subtle changes in shades of green is a nice way to say, "Hey this is related, but different." (That's how I interpret it, at least.)
Post a Comment